Why ACE Adventures is perfect for your stag party Scotland
If you’re looking for an Aviemore stag do but in a wilder setting, ACE Hideaways is ideal. The base is nestled in the Findhorn Glen, an area of woodland with its own paintball zone and camping pitches. You’re within walking distance of the River Findhorn for white water rafting trips and close to the famous Malt Whisky Trail, the largest concentration of malt whisky distilleries in the world.
There are 10 forested camping pitches at ACE, each with its own heavy-duty fire pit and BBQ skillet. You’ll have access to communal camp showers and toilets, as well as an outdoor kitchen and reception with wifi and charging points. Bell tents are a great option for stag groups, as the six-metre canvas tents can accommodate up to seven people. Enjoy comfy mattresses and a wood burner, as well as fire pit with grill for evening BBQs and drinks.
ACE stag do activities Scotland
Create your own adventure stag do itinerary, choosing from a range of activities run by ACE Adventures, including:
- White water rafting, from £78 – enjoy the best year-round rafting the UK has to offer on the Findhorn, one of the longest rivers in the country. Experienced international rafting guides will show you how to negotiate up to grade four white water rapids, there’s also a chance to do some cliff jumping.
- Canyoning, from £60 – spend the day scrambling along a river at the bottom of a deep gorge. Abseil down a 45-foot-high corkscrew waterfall, slide down natural water chutes and cliff jump into deep pools.
- Tubing, from £55 – jump in an inflatable tube and float down the Findhorn on this fun stag do activity. You’ll fly down rapids, over waterfalls and natural weirs, as well as cliff jump from historic Randolph’s Leap.
- Paintballing, from £16 – the ACE game zone is set in a secluded woodland area with plenty of obstacles and natural cover. A marshal will lead group games and battles, with stag-themed favourites like capture the flag and last man standing.
- Canoeing and kayaking, from £55 – experience canoeing and kayaking on whitewater rapids in our inflatable canoes and kayaks. The half-day trip on the Findhorn features calm stretches of water, as well as grade three rapids.
- Disc Golf, from £10 – try one of the world’s fastest-growing sports. ACE has three nine-hole disc golf courses on site, including 27 holes for beginners and nine for pros.
All activity prices include safety gear and equipment, wetsuits, transport to and from the river and trained and experienced guides.
The ultimate stag weekend Scotland package
Price: from £236
Looking for more stag do ideas Scotland? Then book the ultimate Highland bungee and rafting package, which includes:
- Two nights in a bell tent – our bell tents sleep seven people and come with mattresses and wood stove. Enjoy evening BBQs on the outdoor fire pit, we can also arrange a hog roast on request. You’ll have access to hot showers and toilets, as well as wifi and charging points at reception.
- Stag do white water rafting – spend a day rafting and cliff jumping on the Findhorn, working together with your stag group to tackle up to grade four rapids.
- A bungee jump – looking for a more extreme adrenaline rush? Then the Highland Fling Killiecrankie bungee jump is the perfect challenge. Launch yourself from a platform under the River Garry Bridge, the first purpose-built, permanent bridge bungee in the UK. Experience an exhilarating 40-metre plunge towards the river, reaching speeds of over 50 miles per hour.
- Gin or whisky tasting – head to nearby Logie Steading for an hour-long tasting session led by local experts. You’ll get to sample a minimum of five drams of gin or whisky from a range of 150 different varieties.
- A free keg of Speyside Brewery beer or wine - enjoy a tasty keg of beer, or wine of your choice, while you relax around the campfire in the evening.
This package includes all safety gear and equipment including wet suits, as well as transport to the activities. The trip is ideal for groups planning a loop of the Cairngorms or coming up from the central belt of Scotland.
More places to visit on a stag do in Moray
- Malt Whisky Trail – set in the stunning Moray Speyside region, this famous trail boasts the world’s largest concentration of malt whisky distilleries including Strathisla, the oldest in the Highlands. Learn how the brews are made on tours led by expert craftsmen and taste some of the most famous brands of malt Scotch whisky, including Glenfiddich and Glen Moray.
- Clay pigeon shooting – test your aim with some clay pigeon shooting in nearby Cairngorms National Park. Rothiemurchus has one of the UK’s best clay shooting facilities and has been running for more than 25 years. The site caters to all ability levels, from beginners to experienced shooters, with instructors on hand to give tuition.
- Go Karting – located just 25 miles away, ACE is the ideal base for trying other adventure stag activities Aviemore. Try your hand at go karting on the 500-metre outdoor track at The Aviemore Kart Raceway.
- Night out in Inverness – after your stay at ACE, head north for a night out on the town in Inverness. Have a curry at Saffron Indian Restaurant, sink some beers at Hootananny or Johnny Foxes and listen to live music at the Ironworks.
- Zip lining – soar through the air at the Zip Trek Park in Aviemore. The 2km course features 14 zip wires through the forest in Cairngorms National Park. Ride the longest, a 550-metre zip wire, where you’ll reach speeds of 40 miles per hour.
Find out more about activity packages at ACE, or build your own adventure stag do package.