How to Plan an Adventure Hen Weekend in Scotland
Looking for quirky hen party ideas Scotland? Then plan an adventure break full of bonding activities, from yoga and river walks to white water rafting and tubing. Surround yourself with nature in cosy bell tents and enjoy BBQs and bottles of Speyside wine around the campfire. Here’s how to plan your dream adventure hen weekend Scotland at ACE Adventures.
Where to Stay on Adventure Hen Party Scotland
The Scottish Highlands is the ideal setting for an adventure hen weekend, offering forests, countryside, mountains and lochs. ACE Hideaways is the perfect place to experience this natural beauty, set in tranquil Birch woodland just eight miles from the town of Forres which boasts shops, restaurants and pubs. ACE hen party venues Scotland include:
- Camping pitches from £8 – bring your own tent and set up in one of our 10 woodland pitches. Each one comes with its own outdoor space with fire pit and heavy-duty BBQ skillet.
- Bell tents from £65 – our six-metre canvas bell tents are great for adventure hen parties and sleep up to seven people. Experience a comfy stay with mattresses, fairy lights and a wood burning stove. There’s an outdoor seating area with campfire and BBQ so you can spend the evenings sharing food and drinks around the flames.
Guests have access to toilets and hot showers, as well as an outdoor kitchen with gas cooking hob. It’s a short walk to the reception and kiosk where you can book adventure activities, charge electrical devices and use the wifi.
Alternative hen party ideas at ACE
You can build your own adventure hen party at ACE Adventures, tailoring the activities to suit your tastes. Choose from:
- White water rafting, from £70 – ACE offers year-round rafting on the nearby River Findhorn which features up to grade five rapids, as well as the chance to do some cliff jumping.
- Tubing, from £55 – this gentler activity involves floating down the Findhorn in an inflatable tube, cruising over rapids, waterfalls and natural weirs. The trip includes optional cliff jumping.
- Canyoning, from £60 – for a real dose of adventure, scramble along the river bed at the bottom of a deep gorge, sliding down water chutes, jumping into pools and abseiling down a 45-foot-high waterfall.
- Paintballing, from £17 – have fun paintballing at the on-site ACE woodland game zone, which has obstacles and natural cover, with a marshal to run group games.
- Canoeing and kayaking, from £55 – paddle down the river in inflatable canoes and kayaks on the Findhorn, negotiating grade three rapids along the way.
- Disc golf, from £6 – try your hand at one of the world’s fastest-growing sports, ACE has three nine-hole disc golf courses on site.
All activities include safety gear and equipment, transport to and from the river, wetsuits and trained guides.
Adventure hen weekend Scotland packages
If you’re looking for alternative hen party ideas, check out these unique packages from ACE Adventures.
Summer adventure yoga retreat, from £470
This six-day adventure yoga retreat from Bliss By Robin includes:
- Daily yoga and meditation – sessions take place outdoors, in a studio or around the campfire and are led by Robin, a trained yoga teacher.
- Stay in bell tents – sleep in our cosy bell tents or upgrade to a more luxurious shepherd’s hut.
- Massage treatments – enjoy a 30-minute massage treatment, additional sessions can be booked for an extra fee.
- River walks – soak up the pristine forest scenery with walks along the River Findhorn, one of the longest wild rivers in the country.
- Campfires – meditate around the campfire and head to Findhorn Bay to toast marshmallows over a fire while watching for seals and dolphins.
- All meals and snacks – the retreat serves communal, vegetarian meals which can be made vegan on request.
- Bushcraft – learn all about lighting fires, wildlife tracking, foraging and cooking in this bushcraft session.
- White water rafting – spend a day white water rafting on the River Findhorn with qualified guides and do some optional cliff jumps.
- Visit Findhorn ecovillage – take a guided tour of the nearby Findhorn Foundation, a world-famous ecovillage.
Guests will receive free transfers to and from Forres and all equipment is included such as wetsuits, yoga mats and safety gear.
Highland bungee and rafting package, from £215
If you’re after a more action-packed hen weekend in Scotland, check out our group bungee and rafting package, which includes:
- Two nights in a bell tent – stay in our tents set in the forest, we can also organise a hog roast for your hen party on request.
- White water rafting – spend a day white water rafting on the Findhorn, tackling up to grade five rapids.
- Bungee jump – plunge 40-metres towards the River Garry, reaching speeds of 50 miles per hour, at the Highland Fling Killiecrankie Bungee Jump.
- Gin or whisky tasting – head to nearby Logie Steading for a one-hour tasting session led by local experts where you’ll try a minimum of five drams from a range of 150 varieties.
- Free wine or beer – receive a free keg of Speyside Brewery beer or wine to sip around the campfire.
This package is great for groups travelling up from the central belt of Scotland or planning a loop of the Cairngorms and includes all safety gear and equipment.
More hen do ideas Scotland
Use ACE Adventures as a base for exploring nearby attractions in the Highlands on your hen do, here are some ideas:
- Inverness – head to the capital of the Highlands for a night out in this lively city. Have dinner at a top restaurant, see a show at the theatre, or hit the pubs and clubs for a traditional hen party experience.
- Highland Folk Museum – heard of Outlander? The hit TV series was partly filmed at this museum, which showcases Highland life through the centuries. Tour the authentic village with costumed staff.
- Spa day – spend a day pampering yourselves at the spa with massages, facials and body scrubs and relax in hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms. Choose from a range of impressive Highland spas, including one at Aviemore, or head to the award-winning Gleneagles Estate for the a five-star experience.
- More adventure activities – Moray is a hub for adventure activities. At the nearby Rothiemurchus Estate you can navigate the aerial adventure course at Treezone, try clay pigeon shooting and archery, go on a quad bike tour or take a pony trek.
- Beer and whisky tasting – the Cairngorm Brewery is a popular hen do activity, tour the facility and sample craft beers. You can also explore the Malt Whisky Trail in Moray, the largest concentration of malt whisky distilleries in the world which includes famous brands like Glen Moray and Glenfiddich.
Find out more about accommodation and activity packages at ACE or build your own adventure hen do.