If you’re looking for the best year-round white water rafting in the UK, you’ve come to the right place. Join us on the River Findhorn for up to Grade 5 rapids and amazing scenery.
Moray Camping Pitch
- Low Season Starting Price
- High Season Starting Price
Woodland Camping Pitches in Scotland
- Natural surrounding
- Rustic camp kitchen
Cross between wild camping and glamping with campfires welcome.
ACE Hideaways offers a unique camping experience in secluded birch woodland.
Each camp pitch is named after native birds seen locally to help identify one camp pitch from another. This helps prevent other campers from setting up shop on your spot.
Campfires are welcome in our heavy-duty fire pit with BBQ skillet, provided at each camp pitch.
Communal camp kitchen with running water, two-ring gas cooker. Reception has a basic kiosk, free wifi and power outlets to charge devices.
Toilet/shower block and outside kitchen sink is a short walk away. Adventure activities available on site.
- Free wifi at reception
- Gas cooking facilities
- Toilet/shower facilities
- Fire pit with BBQ skillet
- Torches & lanterns
- Sleeping bag & bedding not included
- Cooking utensils, pot, pans, crockery or cutlery
ACE Hideaways is located in the Findhorn glen only 8 miles south of the town of Forres. The campsite is within comfortable walking distance of the picturesque River Findhorn. There is no shortage of things to do and see in the area making it a hidden gem for an authentic Scottish experience.
The camping pitches are individually named after local birds commonly seen, this helps identify each unique camp pitch. There are a total of 10 camp pitches each one has a steel fire pit with bbq skillet ideal for your own personal bbq/campfire.
The area is rich with wildlife and you are assured to hear owls hooting, deer barking and other mysterious sounds of the night.
Because we are far enough from any local town’s light pollution, stargazing is excellent and from time to time you might even catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights as the campsite overlooks the Moray Firth.
Onsite we have an outdoor communal kitchen with running water, gas cooking hob, and outside washing-up facilities available next to the toilet/shower block.
Toilet and shower block are a short walk away.
At reception, there is power available to charge devices along with free wifi if you have to get that digital fix. A small kiosk offers snack food and drinks etc.
An abundance of space and nature await exploration in addition to the five-star adventure activities ACE Adventure has to offer.
- Please provide tent size when making your booking as sometimes we might need to move spots to accommodate everyone.
- If checking in after 19:00, please call 01309 611729 to let us know. There are site maps left of the door at reception.
- For the enjoyment of other guests, we ask that people keep noise to a minimum after 11 p.m.
- No removal of firewood from the surrounding woods or damage to trees both living or fallen.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times due to agreement with the local farmer and other land users and poo picked up and disposed of in the correct bin.