If you’re looking for the best year-round white water rafting in the UK, you’ve come to the right place. Join us on the River Findhorn for up to Grade 5 rapids and amazing scenery.
- People 14+ years old
One-Day First Aid Course in Moray
- HSE approved
- AED (defibrillator)
- Inclusive learning
- Practical hands-on
- Tea & coffee included
- Experienced instructor
- Indoor & outdoor training
- Latest technology training devices
This eight-hour, one-day Outdoor Wilderness First Aid Course includes HSE approved Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course content.
This course is ideal for anyone who is involved with outdoor activities of any kind and is particularly suitable for people working with, supervising or leading groups in the outdoors where the attendance of emergency services may be delayed.
Candidates will be able to competently demonstrate all areas of first aid for an extensive range of potential outdoor situations.
For a comprehensive list of the course outline and what will be covered see below.
- First Aid ID Card
- Bandages, splints, etc.
- Quality first aid manual
- Packed lunch
- Footwear suitable for uneven ground
- Raincoat (good idea to bring waterproof trousers)
The Outdoor Wilderness First Aid, One-Day Course has 8 hours of contact time with the instructor.
The following is an indication of the course outline:
- Introduction & housekeeping
- Scene & Environment Assessment
- Managing Unconsciousness Outdoors
- Secondary Survey
- Getting Help
- Medical Emergencies (anaphylaxis, asthma, hyperventilation, diabetes, seizures, seasickness, etc.)
- Cardiac Emergency (angina, heart attack)
- Management of Wounds, Bleeding & Burns
- Managing Shock
- Environmental Conditions – Heat & Cold
- Head, Neck & Back Injuries
- Moving & Carrying
- Managing Casualties Outdoors & Improvised Shelters
- First Aid Equipment
- Basic Triage
- Practical Scenarios/Self Assessment
- Course Closure for those doing the One-Day Basic First Aid Course
This course has ongoing assessment requirement, if you have a learning difficulty or specific learning need please let Jim Davis know by calling 01309 611 769.