Woodland Camping Pitches
Cross between wild camping and glamping with camp fires welcome
ACE Hideaways offer a unique camping experience in secluded birch woodland.
Each camp pitch is named after native birds seen locally to help identify one camp pitch from another. This helps prevent other campers from setting up shop on your spot.
Camp fires are welcome and a heavy duty fire pit with BBQ skillet is provided at each camp pitch.
Communal camp kitchen with hot water, 2 ring gas cooker & outdoor showers. Reception has a basic kiosk, free wifi and power outlets to charge devices.
Purpose built toilet & shower block
Adventure activities available on site
- Camp fires
- Natural surrounding
- Rustic Camp Kitchen
- Please provide tent size when making your booking as sometimes we might need to move spots to accommodate everyone
- If checking in after 19:00 there will be a map and check in form left of the door at reception
- For the enjoyment of other guests we ask that people keep noise to a minimum after 10:00pm
- No removal of firewood from the surrounding woods or damage to trees both living or fallen
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times due to agreement with local farmer and other land users
What is Included
- Free wifi at reception
- Gas cooking facilities
- Toilet/shower facilities
- Fire pit with BBQ skillet
What You Need to Bring
- Torches & Lanterns
- Sleeping bag & bedding not included
- Cooking utensils, pot, pans, crockery or cutlery
ACE Hideaways is located in the Findhorn glen only 8 miles south of the town of Forres. The campsite is within comfortable walking distance of the picturesque River Findhorn. There are no shortage of things to do and see in the area making it a hidden gem for an authentic Scottish experience.
The camping pitches are individually named after local birds commonly seen, this helps identify each unique camp pitch. There are a total of 10 camp pitches each one has a steel fire pit with bbq skillet ideal for your own personal camp fire.
The area is rich with wildlife and you are assured to hear owls hooting, deer barking and other mysterious sounds of the night.
Because we are far enough from any local towns light pollution stargazing is excellent and from time to time you might even catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights as the campsite overlooks the Moray Firth.
Onsite we have a communal kitchen with hot water, gas cooking hob, washing up facilities. There are two simple showers while we are waiting for the shower and toilet block to be built.
At reception there is power available to charge devices along with free wifi if you have to get that digital fix. A small kiosk offers snack food and drinks along with some camping basics such as bug repellent, head torches, marshmallows etc.
An abundance of space and nature await exploration in addition to the 5 star adventure activities ACE Adventure have to offer.