If you’re looking for the best year-round white water rafting in the UK, you’ve come to the right place. Join us on the River Findhorn for up to Grade 5 rapids and amazing scenery.
Adventure Yoga Retreat – May 27th to 30th, 2022
- People 16+ years old
Yoga Retreat in Scotland; Vibe Nourish
- Daily yoga practise (Vinyasa flow & Yin)
- Morning breath work (Pranayama) & Meditation
- Stunning walks/campfires along the river, beach & in the forest
- Nourishing, delicious vegetarian food, with a focus on local, raw, seasonal produce (made vegan on request)
- White water rafting and optional cliff jump with a qualified instructor
- Option to visit the Findhorn Foundation Ecovillage
- Explore stunning Scottish coastline, heather and sand dunes
- Option to take a North 58 Sea Adventures trip out on the Moray firth and maybe even see dolphins & seals
- Upgrade to a luxury glamping shepherd’s hut – ideal for couples
Unique wild yoga retreat in Scotland brought to you by Chelle @ The Vibe Movement.
Connect your mind and body at this unique adventure yoga retreat in the stunning Scottish Highlands.
The aim of the retreat is to use yoga, meditation, nature, nutritious food and adventurous activities to develop personal wellbeing and confidence.
You’ll leave the retreat feeling refreshed, revitalised, and replenished with skills to introduce into your daily life.
‘I really liked the yoga classes, learning new poses and relaxing. The food was delicious & healthy & the rafting day a great experience.’ – Ishani
- Accommodation – shared bell tent, or upgrade to a luxury glamping shepherd hut – ideal for couples
- 3 meals a day & snacks
- All yoga and meditation classes
- Rafting with optional cliff jumping
- Guided River/ Woodland / Coastal beach walks (optional marine wildlife adventure boat trip – additional cost)
- Comfortable mattress in bell tents
- Thick wetsuits, buoyancy aid & helmet
- Supply of logs for wood burners in bell tents
- Towel x 2, toiletries
- Journal/diary & book
- Walking boots or sturdy footwear
- Yoga wear, comfortable, easy to move in
- Jumpers/warm clothing, wet weather coat and trousers
- Pillow, bed sheet, sleeping bag (sleeping bag only can be hired for £10.00)
- Shoes for rafting or hire wetsuit boots – £2 proceeds go to charity
- Optional spending money for tuck shop, Logie Steading or Findhorn Foundation etc
What to Expect:
Connect with your mind and body in the stunning, serene Scottish Highlands. Spend time next to the River Findhorn; both walking and paddling down.
Sleep under canvas in amongst the trees in a peaceful forest, in warm bell tents with a cosy wood burner and comfy mattress.
Enjoy comfortable simple living, healthy food, time to relax the mind and nature to explore.
Who this retreat is for:
Anyone who has a desire to learn or develop the practice of yoga in natural surroundings and has a taste for adventure. We have 12 spaces in total and welcome anyone from 12 years old up to 70 years old.
Who is running the retreat:
The retreat is being delivered by Chelle @ The Vibe Movement
Chelle can mostly be found out in the wild…having camping adventures with her daughter, riding the waves on a paddleboard (and falling off!), swimming in the sea with friends and warming by a beach fire. Chelle set up The Vibe Movement, offering alternative Yoga, Pilates and Well-being experiences with a focus on feeling alive and nourished, strong, energised and mobilised to get out and do all the things that Vibe with you!
Chelle has been practising yoga for over 10 years, and daily for the last 3.5. She qualified as a yoga guide in Sept 2019 and is currently working towards her 300+ hour qualification, including Advanced Yoga Sequencing and Yin Yoga training. Chelle is also a qualified Pilates teacher, training with Body Control Pilates. Follow Chelle on Facebook and Instagram @thevibemovementmoray. Website www.thevibemovement.co.uk
The purpose of ACE is to enhance people’s lives through adventure and access to nature. Ace’s founder and managing director Jim has worked all around the world as a professional river guide, and is an assessor for the International Rafting Federation, 1st Aid Training Instructor, Personal Development & Life Coach.
Benefits of the retreat:
- Retreat Food Menus will be developed with the help of nutritionists Ali & Claire @ Claire Hester Nutrition. Plenty of healthy food will nurture the body in preparation for daily yoga and exercise. Food is sourced locally and organic where possible; with a focus on feeling energised & nourished.
- Relaxing accommodation set in a quiet natural landscape, simplistic in form allows for an enhanced experience to connect with nature free from the distractions of walls that insulate sound. Abundant wildlife will be heard and seen.
- Breathwork, meditation and mindfulness are undertaken on a daily basis can help to create stillness and peace, hugely beneficial in aiding stress release and supporting yourself through feelings of anxiety, depression, low self-esteem. The combination of Vinyasa and Yin Yoga supports your body to feel strong, flexible and healthy, as well as create an opportunity to access your state of flow & rest. Aiming to connect your mind, body and soul.
- White water rafting is an extraordinary way to see the stunning landscape of the lower river Findhorn gorge which is largely inaccessible. Rafting the River Findhorn is an opportunity to work directly with a base element, paddling through quiet calm stretches and negotiating apparently chaotic noisy rapids. Quite the metaphor of life! It is an excellent way to induce team building and collaboration at the same time as stimulating the senses and being aware of the changes in the self throughout the journey. The benefits of meditation and mindfulness become apparent.
- Cliff jumping (optional) provides an opportunity to practice and use some of the breathing techniques practised in yoga to overcome anxiety and nervousness. The team will coach each person from simple short jumps into a deep part of the river, working your way up to the equivalent of an Olympic diving board.
Facilities at the Retreat:
ACE Adventures will provide some adventure activities from their team of highly trained guides that have a passion for awesome customer service. All safety equipment is provided to ensure you are warm and comfortable.
ACE Hideaways offers cool camping and glamping in stunning Birch woodland. Guests will sleep in huge six-meter canvas bell tents which have a wood burner and comfortable mattresses. There will be two bell tents with six sleeping places.
Yoga will be practised outside on mats, if there is bad weather we will practice in spare bell tents, however, weather is normally dry & pleasant in the microclimate of the Findhorn.
Preparation of food is done together at the outdoor communal camp kitchen and from fire pits with BBQ grills or gas ring cooker. One meal will be cooked and eaten alongside the river Findhorn – a meal with a view!
Toilet and shower block.
Free wifi is available at reception where phones or electronic devices can be charged and snack food and drinks available for purchase from a modest kiosk during the day.
How to get to the retreat:
From England, Wales, Ireland: flights to Inverness airport then transport through to Forres. Train www.scotrail.co.uk or bus www.stagecoachbus.com to Forres. Complimentary collection from Forres to ACE.
Or your own transportation by car; please arrive at ACE Adventures & Hideaways, Auchnagairn, Forres, IV36 2QL at 14:30
14:30 Starts at ACE, Auchnagairn
Welcome and site familiarisation tour
Unpack and settle in
16:30 Opening ceremony & Yin Yang Yoga session
20:30 Relax by the campfire
21:00 Meditation introduction & practice
06:30 Breathwork (pranayama) and meditation early in the morning with Chelle
07:00 Vinyasa Yoga
White water rafting & optional cliff jumping – team building
17:00 Yin Yoga
20:30 Campfire stories
06:30 Pranayama and meditation
07:00 Vinyasa Yoga session
Findhorn coastal tour / Visit to Findhorn Foundation (optional Marine Wildlife Adventures trip- additional cost)
17:30 Yin Yoga
19:00 River Walk & riverside dinner
20:30 Campfire stories/ council sharing
06:30 Pranayama and meditation
07:00 Vin to Yin Yoga session
08:45 Special Leaving Breakfast
09:30 Closing ceremony
Shared accommodation in the bell tents
Raft guides are fully qualified, of a high standard, first aid trained and committed to our safety
Chelle is first aid trained, fully insured & qualified
North 58 Sea Adventures can be booked at an additional reduced cost. North 58 Sea Adventures available weather permitting!
Testimonials: Easter Retreat 2017
‘I’ve enjoyed the retreat so much more than I imagined. I feel connected with everyone in the group and feel I’ve been able to be myself and I’ve tried new things and challenged myself to step out of my comfort zone’ – Grace Delnevo
Photography: Mike Dodd
- Vegetarian/Vegan food
- Shared accommodation in the bell tents
- Raft guides are fully qualified, of a high standard, first aid trained and committed to our safety
- Chelle is first aid trained, fully insured & qualified
- North 58 Sea Adventures can be booked at an additional reduced cost and is available weather permitting!