Yearning for Adventure – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Opening for Business for Accommodation and Activities
First Published March 18 2020
Updated April 23 2020
Updated June 4 2020
Updated June 8 2020
Updated June 25 2020
Currently, we can accept groups of 8 people from three households travelling locally. Social distance rules must be adhered to as well as complying to the measures we are taking to manage the Coronavirus risk.
Disc Golf can now be played at ACE in the forest so long as social distancing is respected along with current restriction rules.
River Tubing & Cliff Jumping can be enjoyed and current river levels are ideal.
Canyoning can be offered and this year the 60-foot waterfall can be done as an abseil instead of being lowered. The option to be lowered is still available. A great way to get a thrill out in the fresh air!
Shepherds Huts can be booked by key workers or those affected by shielding.
From 3rd July 2020
- Travel restriction is relaxed and we will accept bookings for the above outwith the local area
- All accommodation in the form of Camping, Bell Tents and Shepherds Huts are allowed however we will only accept a single booking on-site per day from one household
From 6th July
- White Water Rafting and Cliff Jumping and Family Rafting trips from Auchnagairn are permitted in groups of 8 people from three households travelling locally
From 10th July
- Extended groups can be accepted for activity bookings
From 15th July
- All accommodation options are available and we will accept multiple bookings per day from more than one household
All of this information is subject to change based on Scottish Government guidance.
One of the advantages of running outdoor adventure activities is the tendency to develop a state of calm under pressure.
Now is a time for us all to remain calm, seek clarity, keep informed, support each other and live a life on purpose and not in fear.
ACE send our thoughts to those that are dealing with infection and their immediate families.
This page will be updated in the event of developments to the present situation.
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, we will always take every measure to ensure the safety of guests and staff while providing booking flexibility wherever possible.
We appreciate your understanding as we move forward in these challenging times.
All existing paid or partially paid bookings from before 23rd April will have an indefinite credit at the rate the service was initially booked.
ACE is in a strong position to see the current global crisis through. In saying that cashflow will undoubtedly be strained during periods where we are not in a place to deliver activities and accommodation. We will consider refunds outside the standard booking terms and conditions on a case by case basis. Please initially call Tracey if you are in a dire circumstance and require an exemption from our standard booking terms and conditions 01309 611 729
As of April 23 2020 and until further notice ACE bookings can be made online where payment is required or over the phone with no deposit or payment commitment required.
Our refund policy has changed to be even more flexible for people affected because COVID-19. See a full explanation here.
The reason for this is to allow future guests to plan their much-needed adventure break or holiday and have full flexibility given the current restriction in place. ACE will accept payment on arrival until all restrictions are lifted.
Tourism experts anticipate a surge in domestic travel once we all have our freedom returned and have indicated demand could outweigh the supply.
Measures have been taken to inform and educate ACE staff with;
- Cleaning and hygiene protocols with maximum numbers in shared areas like toilets which will have cleaning instructions and surface wipedown equipment for staff and guests
- Social distancing and avoid close contact, wear face-covering when inside a 2-meter distance and indoors
- Credit or refund in the event our premises is closed due to government regulation or staff infection beyond our control measures
- In the event any staff member contracts or we suspect have been exposed to COVID-19; ACE will be closed for a minimum of 7 days and all other staff potentially exposed will self isolate for 7 days. Any staff that then go on to show signs and symptoms during isolation will be required to reset the 7 days
- Credit or refund any paid or partially bookings to an indefinite future date where the participant has been in contact with someone or who has signs of fever, sore throat, coughing, cold or flu-like symptoms in the previous two weeks to the arrival date
- ACE will not accept attendance for any bookings from people who have been exposed to or show any COVID-19 signs and symptoms of; fever, sore throat, coughing, cold or flu-like symptoms or a change in taste and smell or travelled internationally within 7 days until further notice
- Guests will be required to register on arrival and temperature will be taken of each person via an infrared thermometer from the forehead
Guests will be required to complete additional questions on our participation and guest registration forms including;
- Each person’s full residential address and contact details including email and mobile phone for the purposes of track and tracing in the event we are requested by the authorities
- Where they have travelled in the last 7 days
- If they have any fever, sore throat, coughing, cold or flu-like symptoms or a change in taste and smell in the previous 7 days
- If they have been in close contact with anyone showing signs of fever, sore throat, coughing, cold or flu-like symptoms or a change in taste and smell in the last 7 days
- Maintain a distance of 2 meters and have and wear face protection when inside shared spaces or within a distance of two meters
- Practice good hygiene and make use of the provided washing stations and hand sanitisers or surface wipe down equipment
- Use the appropriate disposal areas properly
Updated detailed extensive information on Corona Virus and what you need to do can be found at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus